Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cookin'

As I do every time I make Hanky Panky's, I strive to make them look better. They are such a guy thing; basically meat and processed cheese.

The last few times I have used a circle cutter to at least get the rough edges off. I figured out that I could use the heel piece of the loaf (top) and after cutting the bread out, I could 'sand' the sides with the heel. It

gets the ragged edges to look better. I have also tried many many garnishes for these

ugly apps and have split the ones I made yesterday with a piece of flat leaf and the others have a tiny cross of roasted red pepper.

I am busy filling up the freezer with food for all. It was

open, unplugged and empty two days ago. No wonder my back hurts!

4 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Holy.....holy. You are amazing. I wish I had 1/10 of your energy and determination! What lucky guests!!!!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were 'born' to spoil your family, and you're doing a bang up job.

Congratulations,
xxx

Jenne said...

Tommy, I've been reading your blog for a couple of years now and you always ALWAYS amaze me with how much you DO! Traveling, hosting guests, cooking, quilting. Have you always been this prolific? How do you get so much done?! :)

Kathy said...

You are nuts!! I miss my crazy friend