Friday, June 18, 2010

Ignored Art

All of the following art has been propped up against the walls of Peter and Maria's bedroom since last year.
Little lambie;
Buffalo?

Two paintings I picked up at the One Of A Kind Show
last December;
And a recycled cross stitch that I made years and years ago. Notice two things about it; one is that you can see Bella (who follows me everywhere) is as close to me as she can be which was on the closest bed, and Peter's name on the cross stitch. I made both kids (and Mazy) a cross stitch sampler when they were young. Bella will not get one because hands and eyes are no longer in the counted stitch mode.

Anyway, my goal is to get this art on the walls soon, or at least before the 4th of July, when they will be back and in their room. The cast should be off next week (that's the eight week mark which is halfway through the doctor's 6 to 12 week cast stint range). I have grown quite fond of my stinky cast but will gladly toss it in a closet and forget about it.

Notice that there are two links on the side of my blog home page. The recipes already have two entries and the book one is in production. Thanks Mrs. Mel!!!

5 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

My pleasure. Also note: there is still a list of good reads farther down the sidebar. So they're a tad dusty, but hey they may be new to you.

spikemuffin said...

You haven't hung the OOAK paintings yet after your man's heavy negotiations that day?!! An outrage!

Margie said...

Just think! That sampler will be worth thousands some day.

Robbie said...

I'm liking the new look to your blog! Very nice and bright! Fits you better!

Millie said...

More recipes, more recipes. I want your pesto recipe. We're still talking about it. I'm making homemade seafood raviolis for tomorrow. Mike does beautiful work.