Sunday, June 06, 2010

Oink

Again, and not to beat a dead horse but thank you all for (in the Sally Field manner) liking me, really really liking me!!! Oh, another reason for my slight meltdown (I've done worse) is the fact that I decided once and for all to enter a quilt or two in Quilt National and having made the last two quilts with that in mind, I was kindly informed that you can't show quilts on line that could possibly be accepted in QN. That put a bee in my bonnet for sure. I am gonna make a couple new quilts on the qt and give one last ditch effort to get in. Frankly I don't know why I am doing it. But then, I could say that for half of what I do.

My son and his wife are sleeping and so I am trying to tiptoe around the house so as to not wake them so they can get much needed sleep and it's rather difficult with this plastic cage on my leg and foot. They are probably downstairs counting the irritating times I go back and forth to get my coffee refills.

I haven't done the grocery shopping thing by myself since those two little bones in my foot broke. I went once with my sis for the Memorial weekend and it was like running a marathon. G usually does the shopping anyway, calling before he reaches home and asks if we need anything. I am so happy to be married to someone that likes to shop. Anyway, the kids were coming and the larder was bare so yesterday morning I decided to go to the store by myself. As I farted the morning away on the phone, I called my daughter Maria and asked her if she would mind going to the store once she arrived with me because I am so slow. She of course, happily agreed to help her pathetic mother in law. One thing led to another and it ended up that all four of us (G, me, kids) went food shopping. We bought (all being very hungry; not good) more food than my mom did for the week of feeding us nine kids. We had about eight complete meals including a Vanilla Bean cake (Sara Lee - a first for me). To add to this, we had reservations for dinner and the kids weren't staying all Sunday due to the BlackHawk game five of the Stanley Cup that the menfolk are attending. Anybody hungry?

We came home and first G grilled Hebrew National hotdogs on the grill and we had that. We're talking around 1:30/2:00. They were served with what was left of the Cape Cod Robust Russet Potato Chips that we opened in the cart at the store.
Then came steak fajitas (again) and this is a picture of Pete's first plate after the hot dog and before the second identical plate, followed by raspberry sorbet an hour later, just in time to get dressed for dinner. It is totally the truth and to beat all that, after a full dinner with all the courses at a restaurant, we came home and they pretty much polished off the Sara Lee cake. I heard mention by one of the kids that the center was still a little frozen. Did that stop them?
Hell no. Ya gotta love 'em!!

12 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

I am so laffing at the amount of food Peter can put away. OMG.
And so relieved to have you back.

Anonymous said...

If you can't get Vienna Beef Hebrew Nat's will do!

Anonymous said...

If you cannot get Hebrew Nationals, THEN Vienna Beef will do!
xxx

Elizabeth B said...

YES! It's a beautiful morning to find you back in the saddle (though sorry you're still in the boot). And after reading, despite the fact I just finished lunch, I'm hungry again. Welcome home.

maggie z. said...

fucking awesome that you're baacckk!!!wow, quite an appitite pete! wish i were there to take you to the store...hope you stocked up on chardy..also can't believe thet disqualified the quilts..wtf,they were works in progress- not all finished,so??? not fair...

Claudia said...

Had my first Hebrew Natl last week, pretty darn tasty. Tell Pete to save room for ribs on the 4th! I'm sure he'll be hungry by then. The fajita's looked yummy. I'm hooked on fish taco's bad. I seem to order them whenever I have a chance.

Anonymous said...

Those Tacos look delish. I used to make Tacos from scratch, the entire thing!!! That was when my children were all home.
I love it when people come to my house and eat well. Eating is such a great pleasure!!!

Anonymous said...

Shame about the quilts, but I am sure I'd heard that somewhere else that you can't show the quilts before the show. People would only post their pics after the fact. That is such a stupid rule, but I guess they want first-dips if there is a quilt worthy of collecting.

Cindra said...

I love that you opened the chips in the store!

dee said...

What is it about young guys?? My James can polish off someof our dinner while he's waiting for Dani to come home from work for....dinner!
I'm so happy you're back and look at all the friends you brought with you. Yay!

Irene said...

So glad to hear you're back! Life just wouldn't be the same without my Tommy fix every day.

Carol said...

Thank goodness you reconsidered. I was in mourning. I start my day with you. I don't usually comment because we've never met and somehow it feels intrusive to comment.