Saturday, June 19, 2010

Safely Deposited

Everytime that my sis Mike and her bichon/shih tsu Chai comes to visit, it doesn't take long for the little darling to make her mark.
She poops in the exact same spot within hours of her arrival. It's gotta mean something. Not on the carpeting, or in a path where we would walk, but in the far corner of the living room, complete with a view of the lake. What a gal.
She was horribly skittish when Mike first got her, as if she was abused (which we do not think was the case). Now Chai, although not the most engaging of canines,
has come a very long way. She loves to go after my Jumpin' Banana Monkey that Micky gave me for my birthday.
She also likes to rest under things, out of the way of feet.
You know what they say about animals and their owners? What do ya think? Am I seeing a little overbite on Mike?
Mike quilted two quilt tops recently and this is one she finished up, except for the binding.
Each block has it's own verigated flower in it. The block is supposed to be butterflies but I totally see a tulip in each one.
This is what the flower looks like on the back. Nice work Mike!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the quilt is beautiful, especially the colors. It looks like tulips to me, too.

Chai is very cute!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Mike and dog are lookin' good!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Spray Chai's "place" with Vodka and she may not continue to do this there.
I keep a spray bottle filled with it for grand daog visits!

Jean said...

Love Mike's quilt! I don't see any butterflies, but I DO see tulips. I think Chai is very considerate--it looks like a tidy, neat pile to clean up.

Jean Ann

Jean said...

Love Mike's quilt! I don't see any butterflies, but I DO see tulips. I think Chai is very considerate--it looks like a tidy, neat pile to clean up.

Jean Ann

Cindra said...

Butterflies? Don't see them, but I like what I see. Love the colors.

maggie z. said...

wow, all pics are beautiful..chai is hilarious!!

Susan Turney said...

Another one where I was LOL-ing! Chai looks very loved, even if her aunt talks smart about her.

Corky said...

Beautiful quilt. Are all of you siblings into the arts?

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.