Monday, June 21, 2010

Tile We Meet Again

Spikemuffin, in his comment tried to quote one of my Dad's sayings. He got it close but the actual saying was 'I'd rather take her with me than kiss her goodbye'. He had a lot of sayings. Thanks Spike, for the memory.

I went through a few remaining photos here at the house to find a picture of my dad but they are all in Florida where I had hoped to organize all my photos into some sort of logical order. Gee, I guess I haven't done that yet. That will have to wait. Most of the photo's I have here (up north) are of houses that I have renovated. I have even forgotten much of what I had done in those renovations. I was a bit more creative back in the day than I feel like I am now.


This is one of the little touches I did in one of my renovations that I completely forgot. I always tried to use old kitchen cabinets somewhere else in the house or garage if I could. One cubby in an upstairs hall in a house (that has since burned down)) was the perfect spot for a newly painted lower kitchen cabinet. I collected random tiles of all different colors and literally cracked them with a hammer and then I tiled the top of the cabinet. It was lots of fun to do. I also did a fireplace hearth the same way in another part of the house. Labors of love, that's what I called those bursts of energy. Back in the day!!!!

11 comments:

Irene said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header!!!! I've been trying to get one of Ben on mine for over a year but I'm very technically challenged :-)

Susan Turney said...

I love the new header, too! And that cabinet...it's gorgeous. I've always wanted to try working with tiles too! This would be the perfect place to try it with everything being tiled out here. My whole house, except for the bedrooms, is tiled...a pain to keep clean with all the dust but I love the look. Maybe a patio table is in my future!

Karen said...

Ditto on the new header. Bella's lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

Your brother used to also quote your dad as saying..."I'd rather take her with me than kiss her goodbye"

Claudia

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of your page! very clean and light looking.

Pjn

Anonymous said...

Your new look is very nice, I am loving it and your header. I bet it was that 'hospital green' that threw you into that depressive mood a few weeks ago, with your wanting to stop blogging. Told you about that green colour..

sistersoftheart said...

Love the new blog look - it's kind of like buying a new outfit and much cheaper!

maggie z. said...

wow, love the new look, hmmm, that beach looks vaguely familiar... could it be....

Anonymous said...

"can't make headway with the anchor dragging".
Claudia

Cindra said...

Woo Hoo! You are looking really professional! Great header!

Anonymous said...

I love the new header. What a happy picture! Beautiful Bella (that's probably redundant, isn't it?)

I love your dad's saying. He sounds like a great guy.

Jessica