Saturday, July 17, 2010

Employees Must Wash Their Hands Before Returning To Work.

Way back when I went into a restaurant restroom and saw that they had plaid napkins on a wooden towel bar that was hung up and down rather than side to side. I immediately loved the idea and from then on I improvised and made the idea my own. .
This is the bar I currently am using but I have had variations in many houses. Most of the time I just buy a towel bar and have someone cut it down to a shorter model and mount it on the powder room wall. The reason for cutting it down is that you don't need a million hand towels to fill it up This current one was one ended and I have no idea why.
The towels on my bar are getting old and weary so I decided to get some new ones. The original towels I have used for about ten years came from William Sonoma so I looked on their web site and found new ones that were slightly smaller.
They came in cute bundles of six with a bow around them. (Why?) So I unwrapped them all and
found that each one had a big old tag on them. I used my trusty seam ripper and removed the tags and sewed the seam back together and
now I have 48 beautiful new hand towels. They are actually 100% cotton hotel cocktail napkins. They serve my purpose very well.

4 comments:

Sherall said...

Wonderful idea, Tommy. Your stack reminds me of butterfly wings.

dee said...

Nice idea. I recently bought a large number of wash cloths and each little cloth had an enormous tag to be removed. What a pain. Seems like a waste too.
Been having server problems so I couldn't check in. That pie looked mighty good.

spikemuffin said...

SpikeMuffin has always liked your use of spikes in this way. Stylish!

Millie said...

I like your idea. Since I couldn't get guests to use linen hand towels I placed on vanity, I went out and bought a dozen packages of pretty decorator paper hand towels. I thought of you today when I purchased cloth dinner napkins. I like the tiered stand you keep your napkins in.