Friday, July 02, 2010

Gettin' Out The Flags

I didn't get the bread flattened with the pasta machine like I wanted. I got carried away with other things and then wasn't up for it. I have decided to have my sis and sis in law to help me finish off the started apps when they get here within the next couple hours. I even went to bed before 10 which I NEVER do. What I did cook both turned out and didn't. The first thing I made was my shrimp pancakes. I used a portion of the 100 lbs of shrimp I got from the boat in Florida. I don't know why they are called pancakes because they don't resemble a pancake at all. My name of choice would be
Shrimp Fritters but I will leave the Crispy Shrimp Pancakes as a name so as to not offend the original namer. The recipe is on Tommy Cooks. They are most excellent and very easy.
These pretzel covered pickle chips just went on the Tommy Cooks site too. I never made them before and you have to like pickles a lot (and I do). They won the March award for a winning recipe from a Food Network Magazine reader so I thought I would give them a try. I definitely think they need the dipping sauce.

I have a full house this weekend and lots of things to do. It appears to be a gorgeous day and I hope that holds for the whole weekend. Now it is time to get out the bunting and decorate this place!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Tommy Cooks! Saves me begging!! Have a fun weekend!
Pjn

Cindra said...

Have a great 4th Tommy!

maggie z. said...

OH MAN, THESE COULD BE 2 NEW FOOD GROUPS FOR ME!! HAPPY 4TH!!!