Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Happy Birthday Lorett

I was visiting my girlfriend Monday and realized while I was there that the next day was her birthday! Oh, dear. I had promised myself I would make Lorett a Chemo Quilt before she was ready to start her second round. I excused myself and started the rush to make her quilt
in time to give it to her for her birthday. Here it is. It's 56" square and I used a computer
generated leaf pattern that Anne found on Sunday and used herself. The machine was already
threaded with a lovely variegated thread so I was good to go. I think the part that took me the longest was the binding. I had all the 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" scrap pieces cut out and lots of them sewn together (something I do when I need to work but don't want to think). It helped that the final Bachelorette was on tv. By the way, the show was the best of those types of shows I have ever seen. I sincerely think that the couple (Ali and Roberto) are in it for love, rather than publicity.

1 comment:

Karen said...

WOW, I don't think even Eleanor Burns (Quilt in a Day) can compete with you.