Thursday, August 05, 2010

How Big Is It, You Ask?

I have been staring at this zucchini since I was gifted it on Saturday. It's from my friend Anne and it came out of her mother in law's garden. Here's the dilemma. I don't do zucchini. I like it alright and have purchased it for ratatouille but that's about it. I don't grill it or fry it because it's not G's fave. He isn't apposed to it but he feels like it's a filler vege; not much on it's own. This particular squash is very large. It's 13" long and 101/2" at it's fattest. I put that dime on the table to give you an idea of size.

I need your recipe for something zucchini that I can either freeze or take to my friends office for the staff to enjoy. Can you help me?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zucchini bread freezes well.

Or how about a zucchini pie?

Check out this quilters blog for the pie recipe:
http://www.patchworktimes.com/2009/08/10/zucchini-overload/

Barbara

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Just like zucchini have a way of appearing on a person's doorstep in the middle of the night, I predict the same thing will happen to you with zucchini recipes"

Diane N said...

Zucchini bread or zucchini brownies?

spikemuffin said...

That thing's a real homewrecker!

Cindra said...

Zucchini bread is awesome. LOl! Spikemuffin!

Irene said...

If you shred it in the food processor you can freeze it in 1 cup amounts to use for bread.

Kristin said...

I have a great recipe for zucchini bisque but it's not in electronic form and I can't find it right now. It has curry powder in it and is very good. I'll try to look for it and mail it to you.

I make zucchini fritattas, which I like. If you want the recipe, email me. It's not in e-form but at least I know where it is!

I also have a recipe for zucchini bread, which looks good, although I've never made it. I will send it to you via email.

I felt I should respond because I've copied a few recipes from you, although I haven't made them yet!

Kristin F. in SC

Anonymous said...

@spikemuffin........LOL

judi said...

chocolate zuchinni bread yum

I had misplaced my receipe for zuchinni bread and a friend sent me a chocolate zuchinni bread receipe and it's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I have a zucchini chocolate chip cookie recipe I got from my mother-in-law too....want it ?

amj

maggie z. said...

i love it grilled with other vegs,then drizzled with balsamic,but if g doesn't like it?? i also make zucchini bread,but instead of regular pans i use 1 lb. coffee cans sprayed and floured so they are round- freezes well and makes a nice gift or something to take to a pot-luck..