Sunday, August 15, 2010

'Tis The Season

I have been all over the place this morning. It started about six thirty when I went to brush my teeth and accidently dropped some of my vitamins in my top vanity drawer. That started the drawer clean out (labels cut out of necklines, hair, old mascara, out of code ointments,etc.), that led to cleaning under the sink and rearranging all first aid together and taking items to their rightful place. One such place was the kitchen junk drawer.
You can probably guess. It is now all out on the counter and all or most of this junk goes somewhere else. It is a vicious circle and I am not going to be taken in with it. I have now stopped and there is crap everywhere.
This is the only picture I took at Breakfast on the Beach. Half the girls are swimming and the other half are building castles in the sand (actually that's a song, I think). I only took out my camera once and that was when I was walking away to leave. We had scones, banana cake, quiche, almond crescents along with juices, iced chi latte and the byo coffee which I definitely partook of. It was nice to see all the throngs of gals.
It's that time of year, and I like it the best as far as produce. Peppers are cheap, beefsteaks from the garden are lovely and CORN. The peaches and cream, (yellow and white mix) is so perfect this year you can eat it off the cob with out it even being cooked! We got extras to take to the kids this afternoon when we go for a visit. With no overnight guests, it's easy to bop around.
I can't forget the New Haven Michigan peaches that are just coming ripe. It is sinful how good they are. Not two hours after purchasing them
a peach galette was made. Yum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the Sabbath...and REST!
:-)
xxx

Karen said...

Dang it, I am going to have to remember to wear my expand-o-waist pants before reading your blogs! Yum-O.

Anonymous said...

Are we going to get the peach recipe? It looks so delicious!

Gayle from MI said...

Here I thought I was the only one with ADD. It has been really bad the last week. Even my boss asked me what the heck was wrong with me. Maybe something in the air.