Friday, September 17, 2010

Binge and Purge

My BFF Micky is moving in a couple weeks and I have managed to wheedle my way into the purging and packing. Oh, what fun it is! I notice that all I have to say is, 'oh this is cute' and it's mine. Needless to say, I have more than my share of 'stuff' so while in the presence of Mick, I refrain from saying the 'oh, this is cute' line.

Also, she keeps holding up stuff and saying 'did you give me this?'and it finally occurred to me that she didn't want to purge it if it came from me. We have been BFF's for 20 years and live two blocks from each other and therefore we have exchanged more than a couple trinkets. I finally had to say, that it doesn't matter if it was from me, if you don't want it, you don't want it. Phew.

I just came from delivering a few boxes and containers to her to put stuff in for her SALE tomorrow and as I was coming back home I thought, did I take that dress off the top of the car that I took from her house yesterday? I didn't have to think long when I saw it in the middle of the street not far from my house. The mom in the Sienna commercial with the diaper bag on the roof of her car came to mind. It has been run over a few times but it still looks good.

I saved the dress from the chopping block because the design on it was too cute to pass up. I have no clue what I am going to do with it and probably will never resurrect any portion of it but still, I had to have it, tire tracks or not.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute, cute dress. I can't wait to see you in it!

Anonymous said...

I could see the dress being transformed into a bag.

Anonymous said...

That dress is quite adorable, streetwise, or not.
Perhaps your daughter would like it?

xxx