Wednesday, September 08, 2010

For The Foodie

While visiting my old neighborhood, my Maria wanted to show me where the new Whole Foods was located when I noticed that my old Whole Foods was now a West Elm furniture store. She was getting a little excited and I couldn't quite get why until we rounded the corner and WOW!
This store had to take over a whole city block. Somebody's making some money, that's for sure.
You can park your car free in the parking garage and then take the escalator into the store. Here is my birds eye view, which was brave of me because I have a fear of going down on escalators and doing any thing else that paying attention to my feet. I fell down one when I was a kid, but I digress.
Here's another view as I was inching my way into the throngs.
My fruit at home doesn't look this good. Damn, do they polish them?
You can play in the sand, oh I mean salt.
This is a far cry from the three pieces of sockeye salmon at my local grocery!
I know, you all think it's imperative to make your own trail mix. Well, you are not alone.
This was the craziest thing ever. This wall of dried stuff makes Home Economist look like a wannabe.
The tubes are all shiny and colorful.
I waited a bit to take this picture so there weren't lots of people in the way. This is a random isle; take a look at the beauty of it. I want the person responsible for it to come and rearrange my drawers and closet!!
Say Cheese!
There are at least three bars in the store. This one is smack in the middle of the wine selection. How perfect is that?
People are shopping and sipping wine, beer or whatever. It's a pretty odd thing to see. Don't get me wrong, I approve heartily; I am just not used to seeing people drinking alcohol in a store, that's all.
Even the olives have a bar.
This is just a smidgin of the sweets that
I passed. They even have a gluten free section for desserts and breads.
Of course, there is a diner in the store.
You can scoop your own coffee.
And last but not least, there is a dog section; it's not very big which surprised me because everyone in the city has at least one dog. I did notice that this is a section for the discriminating dog,
for they even have their own frozen food section. Ya gotta love it!

7 comments:

Robbie said...

We have a nice Whole Foods within 40 min. of us here in Michigan but your pics look great!! Ours is similar but appears smaller..now to get one in Ocala, Fl. for our winter months and I'd be satisfied..well, close to it anyway!

Gayle from MI said...

What a great looking place. I too have a fear of the moving stair. When I was a kid, I saw a woman get her shoe lace caught at the bottom of one. Broke her leg with the bone sticking out and all. Quite impressive and to this day I would much rather just take the regular stairs.

Gayle from MI said...

What a great looking place. I too have a fear of the moving stair. When I was a kid, I saw a woman get her shoe lace caught at the bottom of one. Broke her leg with the bone sticking out and all. Quite impressive and to this day I would much rather just take the regular stairs.

Kath said...

OMG I am so jealous. I don't thinking have ever seen anything that wonderful. In all my day and all my travel. Maybe we could convince them that we need one in Englewood.

Kath said...

OMG I am so jealous. I don't thinking have ever seen anything that wonderful. In all my day and all my travel. Maybe we could convince them that we need one in Englewood.

Irene said...

Hope everything is O.K. I've missed you.

Tonny said...

Hi Tommy

Here's Tonny from the Netherlands. I was browsing some blogs and ended up on your one. I see why you love the Whole Foods shop. We have a house near Orlando and there's a beautiful Whole Foods shop too. I always visit when I'm over. Luckely I'll be there with my husband on the first half of October again.
Looking forward to it!

Tonny Nichol, The Netherlands