Friday, October 22, 2010

Falling Coconuts

This is my current piece that just got finished. It is hand appliqued and machine pieced, which is the technique I have been doing lately.
Here are a couple detail shots. I have found that if I immediately name the piece and within the
name, add the dimensions, I won't be hustling around to find out how large it is when I am needing info. This quilt measures 31"x47" and is named 'Under The Palm'.

I have an exciting weekend planned. Peggy, Anne and sis Mike are coming for a quilting weekend. It's been quite a while since we could all be together. Our other cohort, Jean Ann, is on her way to yet another quilting weekend, far south in the state. She had already committed to go before we got this weekend up and rolling. She will be missed but we'll struggle along without her as best as we can. Everyone brings food so we never are at a loss as to what to have for a meal. Yum.

Speaking of yum, I am posting a recipe for low cal crab cakes that I tried out of the Food Network magazine and G and I both LOVE. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors and design of this quilt.

Daughter said...

I LOVE this piece! The colors and the placing of the pieces is awesome.