Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Rose By Any Other Name

As is fitting, the birth of Violet is all about me. Having made that crystal clear I will show youher very first article of clothing. As soon as it was done I got it all wrapped up in baby paper and ribbon and got it to my son to take home to his wife. Maria said he was excited to open it up. How cool is that? I mentioned the color choice on the phone later when they called to thank me and Pete was a bit dumb struck because he realized that the name they are giving their baby is not only a flower, but a color. It will probably be her favorite!!!! Right now I am picturing her bridesmaids in a soft violet, slowly going down the aisle!!!

5 comments:

diane said...

I love the name and the color. Let's allow Violet to cut her first teeth before you marry her off, though. Ha ha!

Melody Johnson said...

So pretty! what yarn is that?

judy said...

Beautiful sweater Tommy. Is there a pattern for that?

maggie z. said...

love the sweater tommy, so cute..love the color,and also love the combination of a soft turquoise with violet..gonna be fun doing the room, i'm very excited too!!! are they registered on line anywhere??

Anonymous said...

Very fitting color for a wonderful new baby named Violet. I agree, let this child cut teeth before you have her walking down the isle.
Kathy