Sunday, November 14, 2010

Computer Savvy

I happen to be left handed and that poses a problem when the middle finger of my left hand has decided to go through a very quick metamorphosis. In the last two days it has gone from a relatively straight middle digit to one that curves to the right with a slight turn. And it is quite painful. I have other wonky fingers that have gone through similar changes but not in such a quick and noticeable manner. My goal today is to find a little finger girdle to hold it rigid so I can use it a little easier. I am picturing a pair of Spanx for the hand that I can cut a finger out of. I think that image came to mind because the inventor of Spanx came up with her idea when she wanted to contain some bouncy flesh and still go out on the town bare legged so she cut the legs off of a pair of support hose and off she went. I am seeing visions of being on The View and Ellen, with models (hand models) showing my invention and it's many fashionable alternatives.
Maybe I should go back to bed for another little snooze.

I am in the heated throws of taking my multi eye drops in anticipation for tomorrow's exciting cataract elimination. The process is scheduled at 6:30 a.m. so we will more than likely go tonight because it is an hour and a half away and anyway, we hate getting up early.

Another exhibition of quilts this year was called 'Text on Textiles', Words As Design In Quilts, 2010. Here are a few of my favorites.
'Spellbound' by Lynda Claus is pieced and appliqued by machine. She based it on various fonts.
Lisa O'Neill came up with a famous quote and portrayed it in 'Wilde Ideas - Strings Attached'. It is machine pieced and both machine and hand quilted.

These next two were done by the same twosome that call themselves Pixeladies. which I first read as Pixieladies rather than the computer'ish word. Pixeladies are made up of Deb Cashatt and Kris Sazaki.
This one is called 'Fault Line' and is collaged, digitally printed and machine quilted.
A shawl comes to mind when I see this quilt called 'War in Black and White' and it too is digitally printed with collage techniques and machine quilting.
The last one for today is called 'Sarajevo Rose' and is done by Renelda Peldunas-Harter. This one too has digital printing in it and is both pieced and appliqued.

7 comments:

Diane N said...

Just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with your cataract procedure tomorrow. I hope it's as smooth as can be.

Loved the quilts you shared in today's blog, too.

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping all goes well. After my Mom had her cataracts done, she said the worst part was the anticipation beforehand. The procedure itself was simple and painless. So keep that in mind!

Pjn

Anonymous said...

"Eye" will be thinking of you tomorrow!!!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the text quilts- I love those.
Good luck tomorrow!

Robbie said...

Think I know where you're at with your finger. I have the start of RA and my one finger locks up..very painful. So far the hips and shoulders don't lock up..just the fingers..ugh... Good luck on your surgery!!

Karen said...

Thanks for the quilt "tour". I love that first one with all the letters. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

dee said...

I'm thinking of you and hoping all goes well and smoothly. A friend had this done last year and she was done and seeing so clearly in no time. You will be too!