Monday, November 15, 2010

On A Clear Day

My right eye has been done and I have been home for a couple hours. It was bam bam, thank you mam. I think that they have done this a few times My eye is a bit blurry but that's just because it was 'sedated'. I am not suffering from any glare problems and it all went very smoothly. I was in a twilight condition and could see colors before my eyes while my doctor did his magic. I thought it would be more like lasik but it's more like surgery. I had an iv drip, oxygen (my first time) and some leads on my chest and side as well as a finger rate thingy and a blood pressure cup that inflated every 30 seconds. They sure don't take any chances. I always wanted to try the oxygen thing in my nose and was disappointed that it wasn't more.
Now the next few weeks are up to me to keep my drops on schedule.
I do have a dummy chart to help me remember what I have and haven't squirted into my eye. They suggested to keep the drops cold so that you could tell when they went in so as to not waste the meds. Pretty bright, those nurses are!!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Glad you made it through ok!! Guess they have 'dummy' everythings don't they!! At our age, we need all the help we can get! I even have to jot a note when feeding Mandy her meds and even my hubby!! Old age..gotta love it! The alternative isn't an option for me right now. Take care!

Irene said...

Glad everything went well. Now all you have to do is remember to write it down on your chart!