Thursday, December 09, 2010

Camera In Hand

I went to a neighbors get together last night and came up with some delightful Christmas ideas. First up, a lovely wreath.
Make sure to double click on this wooden wreath to see just how gorgeous it is. The dyed wood shavings are rolled and then affixed to a base wreath. It is magnificent and I think my friend said it came from that mail order store Front Gate. I am going to leave the blog now for a sec and see if it's still in the catalog. I don't get catalogs so I do miss out, but then again, they take so much of your time and MONEY. I'm back. It is no longer in the catalogue. Just as well.
I saw one red wreath that cost $279.00! I'll stick to my felt one.
Rudolph, made from a pear, ginger root, a cherry, grapes and raisins came for a visit. He is pretty darn cute.
Dessert consisted of a homemade peppermint cake roll, festooned with sugar candy that Barb made.
Just to make it a little more decadent, it was served with hot fudge sauce. Yumm.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That Front Gate catalog is pricey UNLESS you find something online at deep discount! I lucked out on a rug for the porch that was a steal and they had a free shipping deal going on.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Well that wreath is unbelievable!