Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Olden Days

My taking one day off led to two and here I am, having taken four days without blogging. Our first grand child, Violet was due yesterday but it just didn't happen. We have a birth date and birth weight pool but no one got the birth date right. Everyone (especially the expectant mother) think the baby is gonna come early but it's not always that way. Now all I can hope for is that she weighs 8 lbs. 5 ozs so I can make a little moola.

Having an anniversary close to Christmas (much like a birthday) loses some of it's spunk. We celebrated our 38th last week and one of the girls that stood up for us sent a picture of her, in present day, in the jumper (sans the under top) she wore to our wedding.
She even posed with a poinsettia which is the flower that she carried down the aisle. Peggy, you look awfully darn cute for a sixty year old!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youe bridesmaid does look cute and you know, we Peggy's are known for aging well! Congratulations to you and G for 38 blissful years!

Pjn

Gayle from MI said...

I love when you show the dresses from your wedding. I feel so vindicated for having plaid at mine!

Regina said...

Can I say it's amazing she can still fit into that dress all these years later. Also, why does she still have it?????? You obviously didn't hang out with big girls.....happy anniversary. No way that baby will weight 8 lbs. Maria is too tiny

Karen said...

Just a cute little FYI. My niece and her husband take a couples picture every year on their wedding anniversary. It is fun to see how they have changed over the years! (mostly hairstyles...lol)

Robbie said...

I'm WAAAYYYY behind in emails and blog reading!!! Just opened the 'envelope' last night!! Size doesn't matter to me (at least that's what I tell DH!)..do whatever! I'll email later! Hope that little one arrives soon!! Nothing like those grand babies!

dee said...

Happy New Year & Happy Anniversary.
Can't wait to see little Violet make an appearance.

That's a long time to keep that dress and good for her to be able to still fit into it. Wow!

maggie z. said...

i'm betting on a new years eve baby, coming into the world at 7 lbs.2oz... xoxo, maggie