Friday, December 31, 2010

Ready or Not

I have finally gotten all my quilts ready for my solo show, "tommy the material girl" that goes from April 16th through June 26th. It will be at the Lubeznik Center For The Arts in Michigan City, Indiana. There's 40 quilts ready and waiting,

laying on this Murphy bed in our storage room. I made sure they were labeled and the top two were altered a bit. I added more quilting on them and on one of them I took offthe zigzag treatment around the edges and faced it instead. It needed more stability.

We had this bed put in so that we would have bed for my daughter in law's mother when she came for the holidays. It hasn't been used yet due the fact that grand mommy is staying in the city for the holidays in hopes that little Violet will make her appearance. So far, nothing to report. If Violet doesn't show by the 6th, she will have to come into this world, ready or not.

1 comment:

patty a. said...

I hope you don't have to hang all those quilts by yourself! I hung16 at my recent one person exhibit and it took me 5 hours. Would love to see photos of the quilts hung.