Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Bloomin'

Our Violet has bloomed.
This is the very first time I saw her. She was in her little electronically controlled rolling baby bed. Violet came into this world without a whisper. My precious Maria was in labor for more than twenty four hours, struggling to have natural childbirth but Violet was having nothing to do with that. She was too big to get through the birth canal. After a quick C, she made her way into the world of lights and noises.
Weighing in at 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and 22 inches long, she is a female replica of her dad, and I mean really. It's like looking at my son but not when he was a itty bitty 6 pounder, but NOW!!!! Very weird.
Violet is already a character. Her long hair is kinda dark blond with a touch of red in it. Strawberry blond is what Maria thinks and I agree although I know that can change in a day with these newborns. Pink and pretty and perfect. Oh, one thing? She has big feet! She was born on the same day that my parents were married. What goes around and all that!!

15 comments:

Irene said...

Oh, Tommy, what wonderful news and congratulations all around. She is just perfect!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Don't hold back on the grandma and the perfect grandchild stories.

Anonymous said...

Big Congrats to you all Tommy! What a whopping big baby girl, no wonder she couldn't come....Enjoy every minute of every day.

Robbie said...

There's nothing like having children and raising them BUT there is something super special about the grand babies. They bring out the tears in my eyes so often by their sweetness! ENJOY! There's nothing better!!! so glad everyone is ok and doing well too!

Anonymous said...

OH OH OH, she is sooooo perfect.
God Bless you all.
It is a fabulous journey, as grandparents!!
xxx

judy said...

Congratulations! Being a grandmother is an amazing experience. Your Violet is beautiful and perfect! Thrilled for you.

Beth said...

That top pic of her DOES resemble your son! That's neat that the date was an anniversary in your family.

Brenda Gael Smith said...

Welcome to the world Violet!

Karen said...

Congratulations to all. What a beautiful little miracle. Let the fun begin!

Jeannie said...

Hello Violet! You are beautiful and I know that your Gram is so thrilled to have you in her life. Congratulations to all!

kathy I said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
To both you a G. How wonderful. Now get you A back to Boca!!
Love
Kathy

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! Especially when she's yawning--how cute is that? Somehow just a plain old yawn is elevated to beauty when it's done by a newborn (and pups, too, but let's give this day to Violet!!).

Congrats on your new grandchild and your new name (Grandma? Grannie? Meemah? What'll it be?)

Linda said...

Congratulations Grandma - she's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

she is a female replica of her dad, and I mean really. It's like looking at my son but not when he was a itty bitty 6 pounder, but NOW!!!! Very weird. *****

Which means she is going to look just like Grandma because son looks just like his mom.

patty a. said...

My heart goes out to Maria. I had 30 hours of labor then a C section. It took me a three days to start to get my head wrapped around anything because I was so tired! Hope Maria is doing well and Violet is beautiful!