Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lack of Brain Cells

We have a long hall that goes on either side of our foyer and it's where we throw the ball for Bella to catch.
Down the hall are these five ceramic wall vases in between two windows. On more than one occasion I have seen pieces of the wheat on the floor. I now know how it gets there. G's throw is better and higher than mine. I got a visit in the studio from him with a contrite look on his face and one of the vases broken in his hand.

Probably because there is a runner on the floor, the damage was minimal. And as luck would have it, the chips were all from the back. That hole you see is how the vase hangs on the wall.

My point of this story is a discovery I made while trying to fix it. I have always had trouble
mending ceramics with super glue and I never could figure it out because it says that it glues ceramic. I decided that the surface is too porous and the glue sinks in. So, I glued both surfaces and walked away for quite a while to let it dry. Then I re glued it and it worked. All this time, I never figured it out before. Duh!!!

2 comments:

spikemuffin said...

Loves contrite.

Gayle from MI said...

You would know that if you read the directions. HA! I of course am a directions reader. Although, I still can't glue ceramics and have them look nice.