Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ramblings

Yesterday's mystery meal was identified correctly as a deconstructed cheeseburger. The meat is hard to decipher because I use lean ground turkey and doll it up with finely chopped baby spinach and onion. I make a bunch ahead so it's always there and ready to eat. So, in this bowl is shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, grilled onions and mushrooms, hamburger dills, cheese,
catsup and mustard. It's the bomb.
I have so many oars in the water I don't know what to choose to do. This one resist piece has suffered through four days of painting and I was only doing the outside color. The first attempt was supposed to be a nice blue and it turned out to be turquoise (you can see it a bit where the wax ended and it leaked in). I let it dry and added dark blue which puddled because I didn't tape it down so I had to let that dry and see what I had. I decided to kind of plaid the background so I made larger lines of blue; let that dry; add yellow, dry and finally do a green wash all over. I am new at this stuff and have no idea what I am doing. The thing looks totally different when it is wet compared to when it's dry. I will continue to play with it.

Oh, and I did not see Black Swan. We went but it was not where it was supposed to be. Wild goose chase for a swan?

1 comment:

spikemuffin said...

See "King's Speech" and "Social Network" before "Black Swan". You might never go to the movies again after that one.