Monday, January 31, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name


I finally tackled the resist pieces. This one, called

'Jabba', will be finished today. I am not much of a painter so I was a little hesitant to tackle it. I have decided to get over it and get them done.

The resist pieces were inspiration for my friend, Joanne, who happens to be an excellent painter.
She used the idea of the white space using acrylics on canvas
in these two pieces. This one is 20 x 16
and this one is 10 x 8. I realized after I downloaded this pic that I had the flash on. Oh well, you get the idea. They are both dramatic and I love them especially because they were gifted TO ME!!!!!! If I inspired you into making anything, just send it along to me, pronto.

1 comment:

dee said...

I like Jabba very much. Wonderful colors-great vibe!
How lucky to get these two pieces. She is a very talented woman.