Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Real McCoy


I finished up the copy in fabric of 'Exclamation Point'. It was a little complicated but I still had fun doing it. I actually surprised myself that I could make it look close to the original. Of course, I see screaming differences when I zero in but for the most part, I am happy with it. The new one (as yet not quilted) measures in at about 35" square.
Here's a detail or the center of the painted one and
the same location on the pieced one. I know I should quilt this right now but I want to start another one of these 'copycats'. It's addicting!!!!

3 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I am really enjoying seeing you develop this new series.
It is quite unique and great.

sophie said...

I love this process and how your smaller painted quilt becomes the prototype for the larger applique version. Was there anything about design of the original that you purposely changed in the second quilt?

dee said...

Loving everything about this new work. The colors, the design, the fun look. No wonder it's addictive.