Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's

I hope that you all have a great day! The river is green in Chicago. Last year I had a St. Patty's Day party with lots of green food. This year, we are playing it calmer with only a couple guests
for the traditional meal of corned beef and cabbage with a few of the trimmings. I like this picture. It almost looks posed but it's not. I am cooking early because of very odd eating habits of my house guest.

Speaking of eating, I met my gal pal Millie for lunch yesterday and intentionally took my camera in the hopes of getting a better picture of the horned owl that hangs out in a particular banyan tree while roosting during the day. This pic
is no better than any that I have taken this past week (probably 30 times!!) and I am guessing it's cauz' I need a zoom lens for my Nikon. I have a coolpix but I made the big mistake of getting a touch screen and I HATE IT !!!!! Plus, I left the battery charger up north and it's dead. I may have to replace the hated camera. They are only $117 now. When I got the first coolpix back in the late 90's, they were a grand. All you have to have is patience. I am still waiting for the Kindle to be under a hundred and the iPad to be a give away at the grocery store!
I did manage to get an in focus picture of some glamour girls on the back of a golf cart who were staying very still, even with all the jostling around and an
amusing pair of shoes that I spied under a table at the restaurant (outside; sorry for you guys up north - didn't mean to bring up the 80ยบ weather). The ankle looks like it could use some propped up time; pronto.

3 comments:

Beth in TN said...

Those shoes almost look like you could sew a pair! As for the Kindle being cheap, I just read something in Reader's Digest (maybe?) that said it might be free by the end of the year!

Siobhann said...

The river was green on Saturday but it isn't green any more in Chicago. Just the beer!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Millie said...

Your eye catches the unusual. I hadn't noticed those shoes till you took the camera out. Let's go get me one of those cameras.