Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slowly But Shirley (Temple)

In review; I made this whole cloth quilt. I wanted to make it a pieced work and make it bigger. I spent a ghastly amount of time trying to figure out just how to do that.
I started from the background and worked my way to the
pasts of the quilt that were on top of the background. This photo shows some of the blue (the big parts) taped down and ready to sew in place.
With the blue portion down, I added the white background circles that I had made up ahead of time. All the other parts are ready to be sewn in. I have to do this patiently because although I try to be as accurate as I can, some things just shift a hair or so and if enough of that occurs, I may have to alter some of the shapes a tad. It seems to be coming along tho' and I hope to finish it by the end of the week. It is measuring about 35 x 41.

No comments: