Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tearful Tree

This is the piece I just finished quilting.
So far the only name I came up with is 'Block Tree'. Now, thanks to my sister in law Claudia, it has a perfect name, 'Tearful Tree'. It just feels right. It measures in at 22 1/2 x 32.

Here is a detail. I love the edges of the paint and the varying of the black line. When I go to duplicate this larger as a pieced quilt, I won't be able to do that without major manipulation and I can already tell that it ain't going to happen. Plain solid black will work just fine.
I got a little smarter this time and decided to keep the matching threads that I used to quilt out of their bins so that when I go to quilt the copy, I will not have to figure out the best thread to match again. I guess every little time saver can help.

A couple things: Idol's new start up (lead into the shows) has all the winners and it took me lots of rewinds to see why I thought I saw; Adam Lambert. He's there, and also Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson. If they are taking credit for the big stars, I am rather surprised that Clay Aiken isn't up there. You saw him more than the guy who won his season.

Also, the AT&T commercial with the two guys on the ski lift airs on the stations I watch a lot. Every time I see it I laugh. Laugh and laugh. That should be up for some award, it's so good. Just picturing it makes me smile.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Tearful Tree" or "Don't cry for me Saw-Palmetto" (a tree that grows in FL) or Weeping Wildly.
Claudia

Anonymous said...

I love that commercial too! So many times I'd love to do that!!
Pjn

Robbie said...

I think this is my favorite of your resist pieces. Love it!

Gayle from MI said...

Far be it from me to offer you any creative advice. That said, if you can manage to find some black fabric that has white printed on the front, meaning that the actual base fabric is black and not printed black on the front only, you can use the wrong side as a black. There are usually some white shadows that come through and add a bit of texture. You might get the look you are going for that way.

Kathy said...

wonderful, I love it.
Speaking of commercials are you sick of Bill Facullo yet.
The KIA dealer from Cape Coral. This original dealership started about 15 miles from here.
And yes he is a sleaze in person.
Love
K