Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Find You Irresistible

The color catcher that I threw into my washing resist pieces came out as clean as a whistle. I guess I was afraid that I wasn't ironing each piece the alloted 5 minutes and that maybe some of my color would come out or come onto each other but I worried needlessly.

Here are my new pieces.
These are just out of the washing machine and dried on the air conditioned studio in about five minutes. If I left them on the lanai, I would still be waiting for them to dry.


This shape has been banging around in my head for awhile and even made it onto paper in my sketch book at one point. It is very simple but I think it will quilt up beautifully.

I learned that the bigger the white areas (the glue resist), the harder it is to wash out the glue.
I did a lot of repainting on this one because I wanted most of the yellow to be white but it didn't look good. It came off as much colder in color than I wanted. The big center yellow is considerably lighter in density than the littler yellow sections but this photo of it doesn't show that very well. It's probably my least favorite, although as is usually the case, it will probably end up being my favorite. That happens a lot with me. I wonder why that is?
This one is very strange but there is something appealing about it. The shapes kinda look like people in line to me. Okay, people in line with one eye and then another line of one eyed people on top.

It is 98% humidity with little chance of rain. You could cut the air with a knife; a butter knife or a plastic picnic knife. You get the picture.

2 comments:

Cindra said...

The bottom one reminds me of teeth all lined up... These all look wonderful. It's been awhile since I've done this... makes me want to pull out the paints and glue again.

spikemuffin said...

Please remember to add a little 5% white distilled Vinegar to the rinse cycle to set those colors forever...no fading. It will also take out that Soylent lotion on your plastic forearm boards. If there's any left over add a little water and wipe down your kitchen counters to keep the ants out. I'm just saying...