Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mork And

This is interesting. I was out to dinner with a couple girl friends last night when we started to talk about Idol and Kathy, one of the girls, isn't an Idol follower but she was a sport and let us go on and on for a minute deciding who was to win, now that Pia was out of the picture and I picked her to win.
So, later on last night I was watching the tivo'd Idol and first up was Paul, the odd Rod Stewart kinda guy with a very hot looking sax player. There were even a couple comments from Randy (forget Paul! We want the sax player) and Ryan (now after Sax with Paul); you get the picture. Then I get a call from Kathy (the non Idol follower) who was just going through the tv shows with the clicker when she spotted the sax player with Paul. She actually met her and was out on a boat with her last year and had lunch with her!!!! Her name is Mindi Abair and she is a helluva sax player and is very easy on the eyes. Check out her website.

I received my first of 15 parts to our group project that was started up in December. It just happened to be the section of the original photograph that was right next to mine and I put them up on the design wall and they looked marvelous together. As I suspected, I did and probably will think my 16th is not worthy to all the others that come in the mail to me in the next three weeks. I just have to tell myself that my work looks a specific way and I am not an embellisher and be happy with that. I am very excited about this project!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindi played at The Smooth Jazz Concert in Michigan City a few years ago. Fabulous!!!!

judy said...

I'm looking at my piece on the design wall,ready for quilting, and I'm thinking the same thing. I used a technique I've never tried before, and I keep thinking- this may be horrible next to the rest, so I'm glad to know someone else feels that way! Just nerves!

Karen said...

We have a jazz festival here each year and she is usually one of the participants. She is awesome.

irene said...

Me too. I think I made this way too hard. But after 3 tries it is what it is. I put mine in the mail yesterday. Can't wait.

Diane said...

I am also on try #3 and don't feel very good about it. Too much pressure! If I don't hurry up though I won't get it quilted in time!