Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Shoppin' Fool

Ignore the rust colored ball that somehow got in this picture but anyway, in Florida you see every possible use of shells from the beach. This lamp base is a new one to me. I really liked it, mostly because it was subtle. Some of us girls went shopping and I had to take a few pictures.
Up north, I have the ability to collect lots of drift wood. I could make a fish like this if I wanted. Do I want to? I don't know.
These are necklaces. The gourd has a crocheted cover on it. I was talking to the artist that made it and she said that to get a gourd like this (it's about two inches tall) you go to gourd brokers. Can you believe it? There are gourd brokers. Who knew?
I have the pattern to make these little sweaters but haven't done it yet, and it's been a few years since I got the pattern. Maybe next week. What I liked about these little things were the knitting needles, which are made out of toothpicks with a wooden bead on the top. Very clever.
I may have to do this.
These are earrings made from pop cans. They weigh virtually nothing. I love light weight earrings.
It appears that they are made out of a rectangle of tin from a soda can that is cut and curled on both ends and then folded and pierced with a hole to hold the the hook that goes in the ear. This looks like Christmas gifts from Tommy.

There are benches all around the shops on Dearborn Street in Englewood but this one caught my fancy. The pencil and spiral notebook are just painted on. Again, very clever.

No comments: