Saturday, May 21, 2011

Slave Driver


The sweat shop is in full swing. We have not even been at it for 24 hours and look what we have on the design wall so far.
My sis Mike brought us this Show and Tell. It's a class she took based on Lynn Ann Majidimehr from her Flower Show Quilts. I love it so much that she gifted me a copy of the book.
I am making a wall hanging for my new nephew, Javier, who was born last week and is almost two months early but over 4 lbs and doing very well. He will be the closest cousin in age to our Violet. Kissin' Cousins?
Anne just recently became a grandma too. She also has a grandbaby girl, Zoey Paige, that was born six weeks early and although she is doing well, is still in the hospital. Grandma Anne put this together today to finish up earlier than planned for Zoey's homecoming.
Jean Anne pieced these blocks for a group she belongs to that makes quilts for burn victims. It is very Peter Max and I love it!
Peggy got the idea for this quilt from another blog the makes these flowers out of drunkards path blocks. She will sash and border it to submit to the quilt show's silent auction next March.

There will be lots more to show you in the next two days. I gotta get caught up with them!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOhhh, Aaahhhhh. Those quilts are/will be either beautiful, gorgeous, cute, and/or adorable .

Gayle from MI said...

What fun! I go to a retreat similar to this every fall. NOTHING can be scheduled for this time. Ever. Have fun!

Karen said...

I just love a good "show and tell". Wonderful work Ladies!