Wednesday, June 01, 2011

What's It All About?

Today was the scheduled date for my finger surgery. Of course, they neglected to call and tell me the specifics and so at 4:30 p.m. yesterday afternoon I called them. I was hit with a barrage of question and restrictions, of which I took particular offense to no drinking or eating after midnight. Oh no, I don't do a 1:30 p.m. procedure without coffee, and told them so. I stuck to my guns and rescheduled for a week from today at 8 a.m. Much better.

I received an email that got me a thinking about my current work process. I have to say that I do not think that it has ever been done, or at least I have no idea that it has. I have googled and checked out many many venues to find someone that is doing first resist whole cloth pieces and then changing size and re creating them as pieced/applique works. I think this is the first time in my life that I have come upon something that I can totally call my own idea, not anyone else's (giggle) .

This is called 'Rocky Road' and measures in at 26 x 14 1/2.
Here's a detail of the work.
Yesterday I finished 'Orbit' and
and it is 29 x 19 1/2. This completes the whole cloth resist pieces that I painted in Florida. Now I am going to remake the last four but first I am going to tackle one of the very first resist pieces I did and did not blog.

At least, I think I didn't blog it originally because I knew it was going to travel to a couple of shows and didn't want to spoil the surprise but now that it is on the advertising postcard, I feel that I can duplicate it in a appliqued format. It is shown, along with many many other 12 inch square quilts that will be up for auction in the SAQA benefit in September. You can check them all out here.

I don't think that I mentioned my solo show on the blog in the context that this Friday it is 'Meet The Artist' (that would be me). The show has been hanging since April 16th and will continue until June 26th at the Lubeznik Center For The Arts. When the show is just about to end I want to go and do a virtual tour of it, for posterity and maybe for you.

This blog entry appears to be completely and rightly so, about me. Yeah!!!!

1 comment:

Gayle from MI said...

I get tired of explaining to scheduling people that NOBODY would want to be anywhere near me if I had nothing to eat or drink from midnight until 1:30. Really??? Who can do that? So now I just tell them I am hypoglycemic and must be scheduled as one of the first. Only backfired once.