Friday, June 03, 2011

Bring On The Bling

The big deal today? What to wear tonight to my 'Meet the Artist", from 5 to 8. I have a lovely prom-like dress I was gonna wear but as the bewitching hour approaches, I am thinking that maybe I should downsize my attire. Even the normal dress that I wear daily may not be appropriate. The gallery has a thing called First Friday @ 5. My AHHH HA moment is jerryrigged with a flip flop/bling contest. Really. here is the verbiage that I just noticed.

Friday, June 3
5:00─8:00PM

First Fridays @ 5: Summer Vacation

Kick off your summer, and your shoes, at this month’s First Friday open house! Enjoy summer foods, fashions and music – and enter our first annual flip flop contest. Bring your best flip flops to enter. Judging begins at 7:30 p.m. Prizes will be awarded in several categories, including:

Most Unusual
Best Use of Bling
Beachiest
Flip Flop Formal Wear
Tot Flops

…plus a book signing by Jonita Davis, author of a history of Michigan City’s Washington Park and an artist reception for “Material Girl,” Tommy Fitzsimmons. Admission is free.

Maybe I will just make a crown out of those blinking lights. I need to go and lose five pounds and apply fake tan; pronto.

5 comments:

Cindra said...

We want photos of the event! Have fun! (As if you need to be told.)

Anonymous said...

Is your Academy Award boa collection available?

Pjn

dee said...

Cannot wait for photos....
Good luck with the showing. You deserve all the accolades.

Robbie said...

Just enjoy our night!! Bling or not!

Melody Johnson said...

I am so proud of you and all your gorgeous collected works.
YOU ARE A REAL ARTIST.