Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's A Beautiful Day

There isn't a cloud in the sky. It's breezy and lovely.
Today is planning day for the weekend. I should have made yesterday a planning day because the internet was down all day and even first thing this morning. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it's problems but there it is. And an even bigger problem that I have is that my double oven has locked itself and has no power. I suffered with it all last week and therefore had to be quite creative with my Saturday lunch that was to be finished in the oven. A repair guy came and is coming back today, hopefully with a solution so I can use the oven. We are very big on crusty warm baguettes and it seems as tho' G has quasi mastered it on the grill. Just the same, I want the oven back.

We have a house full for the holiday. All that I have prepared for so far is order 12 dozen Vienna Beef hotdogs and the accompanying poppy seeded buns. Micky and I started to feed the beach last year and we had so much fun that we want to make it an annual thing.
Back in the studio I have started to work on the big pieced version of 'The Queue'.
Because I numbered the parts for the pattern making, I ended up with 107 pieces. This is the beginning stage and I thought I would show you this picture so you could see what a knucklehead I can be. I put on the little green circles and after realized that they are supposed to be on a bigger shape and then the white border is sewn down long before the finishing circle shape goes down.
It is ending up not being a problem at all because after the big shapes are sewn down, I just cut away the under white and two of the three circles have already been removed. The last one will be removed when I do the turquoise colored pieces. Maybe today.

1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Is your oven a JennAir?
I had that problem with mine - maybe twice.
I think it was after I cleaned it?