Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Oh, Baby!

You have to check out this spread that they had at the baby shower on Sunday.
It was crazy good. The caesar salad was perfect. These beef tenderloin sandwiches were
topped with caramelized onions and served with horseradish sauce. Then we had a grilled shrimp salad
with baby potatoes, grape tomatoes, bermuda onions, fresh basil and a balsamic glaze.
Champagne chicken with artichokes and almonds hit the spot along with a
caprese salad. This gemelli pasta salad was by far my favorite. Along with the pasta there was haricots verts,
roasted pistachios and a thyme vinaigrette.
To complete the meal (remember this is a baby shower) was roasted asparagus with butter sauce and parmesan.
Desserts were in very large supply as well.
There were tons more than I am showing because there were lots of people milling around
them so I didn't get the best shots. And, it looks like someone forgot to remove their tupperware traveling container.

I gotta say, it was the fanciest spread I have ever seen at a shower. I didn't want to leave!!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Now that's a spread. Definitely not your usual sloppy Joes and baked beans!!!

Anonymous said...

Babies R Us....and Gourmets R Us....that is the best combination ever!!!
xxx

dee said...

I'm so freakin' hungry now!!!