Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh, Deer

I have spent the last few days making some Fourth of July outfits for little Violet. I will post them next week after Maria sees them. It was lots of fun making them. I tried and tried to use my buttonhole attachment for my Viking but I couldn't get it to work so I had to use some more creative ways of closures, like fake buttonholes (using satin stitch and closing off the top), velcro, and little elastic loops to encircle the buttons. Some patterns called for zippers but for some reason, it seems odd to put a zipper in a six month old outfit so I wouldn't do it.
As per usual, I had a little help with the work. Bella seemed to be very interested in something just outside the patio door so I looked over and there were two full grown deer and a tiny little deer on the hilly front yard across the street. I tried to get a picture of them but they were faster than I was. The little one was the smallest deer I have ever seen. It wasn't much bigger than Bella; at least from where I was standing. I am sure the parents were teaching the baby to differentiate between hosta and all the other good meals around here.

2 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Oh, for the good ole buttonhole attachment and my Singer 201!
Can't remember if I've ever made buttonholes with my new Viking either.
But,in case I am in your predicament, I still have two Singer 201's - one ready to use and one in the studio storeroom!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I've noticed that the Viking sensor buttonhole foot needs to be on flat fabric and the white area needs to match up with the line on the left side. I'm sure your outfits are gorgeous.