Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You're IT!

Remember this? It is a towel bar that I have mounted vertically rather than horizontally in my powder room to hold these 10" (after first wash) cloth hand towels. For some reason, they don't always last. The biggest problem is yellowing from being thrown in the wash with a bleeding color. I have to replace them or add to them every now and then. That time is now.

Just unwrapping them is a pain. They are packaged in units of six and then they have a little bow on them and worse than that
they have a big ole' ugly tag on them. I can't imagine that too many people would go to the bother of removing all the tags with a seam ripper and then re sewing the two inch gap. But then, I can't imagine any one putting up with the two inch advertising tag on the little hand towel. The label weighs more than the whole cloth. And all I can see is it all curled up and in the way after it is washed. I need to tell Pottery Barn this because I go through the same damn process every time I get new ones. This has got to stop!!! And I just had a thought; why don't I make my own? It would be easier and cheaper. Brain fart!

5 comments:

Cosmos said...

My mom always used a seam ripper to remove labels. I cut them out and always feel like a slacker. I'm glad to see someone else pays attention to the little details!

Melody Johnson said...

If you decide to make the towels you could serge/roll edge them with your serger and they would be neat as a pin.

spikemuffin said...

Please add 5% White Distilled Vinegar to your rinse cycle.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

What do I see when I look at tha picture?
You have/had a Viking sewing machine!

Miracles said...

While you're at it, please make a dozen for me. Love ya, girlfriend.