Friday, July 15, 2011

Cocoa Pinks

Somewhere along the way my recipe box got out of control. The box I have is way too small and I can't fit another thing into it. Because it is so packed I have to take out multiple cards to get one out. Hence the riotous mess. I decided to make organizing it my days one completed project. I have so many more appetizers than I have anything else so I am going to get a new box and reallocate my apps to it.

After all that, I decided to post a wonderful and simple cupcake recipe that just passed through my fingers that my mom made for the whole of our childhood. I hadn't made them in forever and forgot how good they were. When my DD needed a dessert that was kinda ugly/rustic (it was a theme dinner) cocoa pinks came to mind.

The name is an odd one but actually the cake inside takes on a pink cast and don't ask me why; it just does/

Click on the Tommy Cooks rectangle and you can have the recipe.

5 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

While you are going through the recipe box remember this--
if you put them on Tommy Cooks - or elsewhere on your ocmputer you'll have them at your fingertips no matter which house you are at!
Took me a while to figure that out!

Anonymous said...

I like cocoa pinks very much. But if you could learn to make kringlas I think the internet folks would consider you a better cook. Don't get me wrong, cocoa pinks are excellent, and if you were to send me some I would most definitely eat them. But my heart is set on kringlas. Let's see what you can do.
Your Brother,
Bill

Anonymous said...

What are kringlas?
pjn

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Hope it's OK to send a message to Bill from your blog comments:
Bill,
Just call Benson's Bakery in Racine and they will send you all the Kringles you want, no matter where you are. I am guessing that is what you meant by kringlas?
What's your favorite filling?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kay. But really meant Kringlas. They are a Norwegian bread like thing. Often shaped like a pretzel. No filling.