Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First and Foremost

I received the most precious email from my son last night. In the subject line it said 'Violet's first email'. And this is what was in the body of the email.

kl.-pijk/,ß≥x g] nt nnnnnnn u ,iujm m lop;..6 s r

I think she did very well for her first attempt, don't you think?
She also cut her first lower front tooth and she can sit up by herself for a few minutes before she falls over. There are many firsts in her life. What a joy.

I finally got my act together and finished piecing the large duplicate of 'The Queue'. I had a
great start on it and somehow it got put on the back burner. Then, after enough time goes by, I start to avoid working on it. I don't know why because the minute I get back into it, I am happy as a clam. I started out (after getting all the parts sewn down and sandwiched and pinned) just doing all the white lines (both sides). That way if I have it well pinned and start in the center and work my way out sewing, it's like basting and then I can take all the pins out as I go.
You can see the difference in the light green color versus the dark green color. With the quilting finished in the light shape, the slack is taken up and it lays down perfectly. I think I will finish this up today. It is supposed to be high in the 90º so staying inside with the air on is the way to go.

5 comments:

vivian said...

Violet is so cute-love the little cheeks!

Frieda said...

I LOVE THIS PIECE!!!!!

Irene said...

Violet is adorable - she looks so much like her Dad.

Miracles said...

I think Violet did very well on her first email attempt. Children today are so tech savvy!
Before you know it Violet will help you with tech questions

Miracles said...

Great colors on your present project