Friday, July 15, 2011

Presto Pesto

These bowls are the size of the largest bowl that tupperware makes. The one on the right (turquoise) is the mix and fix tupperware. The yellow one is from the dollar store and guess how much it cost? I use them equally a lot except that the tupperware has a lid. Anyway, my point was to show you how much pesto can be made out on your deck. They have since been bagged and frozen. I am waiting for a call from my garden center for a new supply of basil plants for the second half of the summer.

Here is my recipe. It has much less oil than most recipes.


Pesto

1/2 c. pinenuts or walnuts (I can't tell the difference so go the cheapest)
8 cloves garlic
1 1/2 t. salt
Mix well in food processor.
4 c. basil leaves
Add to mix and chop while
adding
3/4 c. olive oil through top
of food processor.
Add 1 1/4 c. parmesan

I freeze in ziplock freezer bags laid flat. When using the pesto, cut it with either milk or chicken broth (or vege broth) and do not let it boil.

1 comment:

Miracles said...

I love your pesto....looking forward to it