Thursday, August 18, 2011

Battery Powered

I don't know how it is possible but I managed to be out and about most of yesterday and took tons of cool pictures and none of them took because I forgot to replace the recharged battery!!!!! Who is that stupid? I guess that would be me. You will have to be content to see what I have been up to in my non quilting week.
This may not look like much work to you but believe me, this was a half day project to get these containers off the floor and in the shelves. I decided that four fifths (yeah, I said it) of my quilt books are no longer perused by moi. They are either books by friends of mine that I had to have or other books that I have grown away from. I chose to move them downstairs into shelving that has doors so it won't take away from the bedroom ambiance, yet will free up some much needed space in the studio. As most of you know, it is very hard to part with a quilt book, no matter how little it is in use.
That scrap drawer that I showed you is getting very close to being empty. I have been cutting 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles steadily, being very conscious of my back issues all the while. Three days in a row I have woken to a less than perfect back. I need to be very diligent with my posture and make sure not to overdo. Ha ha, that's a joke.
In my quest to clean up the studio I had to remove and toss many various needles that were in this chick pin cushion I made years ago. It is either filled with kitty litter or something else but whatever it is, it pretty much ruins any needles poked in it for any length of time. I pose this question to you: have any of you made the turtle burgers? and is there another filler material, other than kitty litter that has weight and won't ruin needles? Fiber fill would do the trick but it doesn't have any weight to it and the little chickadee would be weightless and flighty. I have thought of putting weight in the bottom, but come on, it's a pin cushion; why should it be such a project?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At a guild retreat several years ago, it was suggested that I use ground walnut shells (available at pet stores used as iguana bedding?) I bought a 5 qt. bag (the only size available) and have about 3 qts. left that I'd be happy to share with you if you can wait until next time I'm there??
Pjn

Anonymous said...

Tommy,
Just stopping by to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog no matter the subject you choose. You have a great talent for selecting titles for your blogs so I'm hooked from the beginning.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Is it old-fashioned to suggest....SAND...for the pin cushions?
xxx