Saturday, August 20, 2011

Food Glorious Food

The kids got here early and just in time for some light
warm weather snacks. Apple toast was first up(on Tommy Cooks), followed by
mini (1 1/2" rounds) blt's, and then after swimming and the beach and with a cocktail in hand
I served bruschetta with as many of my garden fresh ingredients as possible. When it came to dinner I
kept it simple with a pear, blue cheese and pumpkin seed salad with champagne vinaigrette.
Amy Finley dis herself proud with the stuffed chicken. I think next time I will add
some cornstarch to the side sauce. The consistency was too watery for my taste. I served it with rice. Dee, who just emailed and said she downloaded a book on her Kindle that was penned by Amy called 'How To Eat A Small Country'. Interesting.
Ina's Peach and Blueberry Crumble was paired with local wonderful ice cream and was delightful. I feel like I should be a food photographer today!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUCKY KIDS!
pjn

Anonymous said...

Beyond impressive!!!!
(What a very lucky family, indeed!)

xxx

Miracles said...

My mouth is watering....I look forward to your fabulous dishes when you get down here. I'll be your food critic. What a great job....Tommy's food critic!!!!