Friday, August 19, 2011

Food Stuffs


This internet is making me crazy. It's off line part of every day now and everyone around me is saying the same thing. Rats!!!

The kids are coming for the weekend. They are leaving work early to get in some beach time today in case the weather reports are correct and there is to be rain tomorrow. That stinks if it happens because it is the Art Festival that I work each year. I am crossing my fingers.

So far today I have made the makings of bruschetta

with our fantastic garden tomatoes. I will arrange the components right before I will serve them to the beach babes. I have the makings for peach blueberry crisp and I made a Sticky Toffee Date Cake and will let you know how that turns out. I saw a friend of Ina Garten's on a show of hers make it from her restaurant. It looked very good at the time. I have also taken a goat cheese, mushroom rolled chicken from this months Food Network Magazine that supposedly won the show for Amy Findley on Next Food Network Star, although after six episodes she moved her and her family to France.

I have it rolled and ready with a Shitake Mushroom gravy and will serve it with rice and a salad. I usually just use toothpicks to hold these types of rolls together, but the recipe called for kitchen twine and I decided to follow the directions. These rolls are finished off on top of the stove.

I am off to the store.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

I love the foodnetwork magazine! I even got subscriptions for my daughter and DIL! I must have missed this chicken recipe so I'll go back and check it out!

dee said...

Amy moved to France with her family and wrote a book. I just downloaded it to my Kindle
"How to eat a small country" by Amy Finley
I'll let you know how it is. I made thechicken-it was delicious.
Hope your weather turns out nice!