Thursday, September 01, 2011

I'll Trump You

I'm gonna be meeting up with friends to go to lunch on this first day of September. And although we will be lunching elsewhere, I know that we are visiting this beautiful building, Trump Tower, for a drink on the roof. It was supposed to be the tallest building but after 9-11 that plan was altered.

The roof bar isn't on the top, it's on the 16th floor. You can see lots of Chicago's beautiful buildings from it, as well as very hand picked beautiful wait staff.
It's also a great people watching place. And there is another reason I like it;
the elevator door looks like a quilt!!!
I remember saying to my friend that I would love to get my hands on some of those little bags and she said (and will remain nameless) 'oh you mean the nickel bag ones?' And I said, I was thinking more on the line of the ones that extra clothing buttons come in!!! That's my segue into my latest busy work. I have taken all the buttons out of the bags and put them in my button jars. I also
took all the ones I have bought on the cardboard and taken them off, removed the staples and strung them together. Everytime I go for a button, all the plastic and cardboard are in the way. Not any more!!!

3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Good Idea!

Corky said...

I just did the same thing with all my buttons. I was amazed at how many I had!

Gayle from MI said...

You people need to come to my house. If you have that kind of time, I need some lessons on how to better use the time I have!