Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Nirvana

This blog download hasn't been fast. I have tried for over an hour and finally did each picture separately and eliminated half of them. Besides the blog, my email, which prior to the last four days, has had maybe twenty junk emails a day. Each day when I go to the computer there are over two hundred junk emails. My outgoing mail is not working either. It's all or nothing in cyber space.

Back to the Barn.
This picture of a color wheel consists of six of the class doing gradations between one color and another color, vs a normal gradation which is all within one color, showing value. It was a wonderful color study and I loved my color way better than all the rest!!! Okay, I may be partial.
I had my first taste of what I was looking for in the class; making a color by sight rather than computation. I have a long way to go, and three more class days but I feel very satisfied that I am on the road to making colors that were out of my realm of possibility because they did not show up in my 'color bible'.

Now that I am back at the motel where we are staying I had to share the beautiful carpeting just outside my door. It is amazing.
It makes me smile to see it. I went out a couple times to photograph it but there were passersby and I felt silly so I waited until there was no one around.
This is what I cross when I enter my threshold. I love to be surrounded by beautiful shapes!!!

2 comments:

spikemuffin said...

Sucker for Circles.

Colleen Kole said...

Carol is a great teacher. I am upstairs next week...