Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pulling The Wool

I have found out what this plant is. It is called a Mikado. It is a very new and unusual plant that comes from Brazil swamps. It is very newly popular in England. Maybe we will be seeing them around more. My guests were discussing it this weekend. You can't imagine how perfect and tiny the new buds are. They are smaller than a normal sewing pin.
Here is 'dino', the dinosaur that I made this past weekend from all the wool we gathered. I could kick myself for not taking a picture of the worktable where we had masses of wool and yarn and people working on little critters. Violet really liked hers and took one home with her. I have a large trash bag full of wool parts to sweaters and blazers. There is enough to have a massive wool party. It just doesn't seem like a good enough theme for a get together tho'. What do you think? You game?

I wanted to share some very sad and happy news. My friend Robbie lost her 12 year old bichon Mandy,
due to complications that led to cardiac arrest. I have been through it and it is horribly sad to lose your best friend. Robbie did exactly what I did,

and decided to find happiness to mingle with her deep sadness by giving a home to another dog, and here she is, Kalee. She is a dead ringer to Bella when we brought her home.

I failed to mention that our gal Bella, turned five this past Monday. I am embarrassed to say that I didn't remember and saw it on my calendar last night. Oh well, she knows that there was a cake and a pool party somewhere in the recesses of my noggin. Happy Birthday Bella.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

What nice comments about our 'girls' Tommy! Thanks much!