Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Add A Stick

G and I were discussing the merit of the 'fat tax' that Denmark put into effect this past weekend. Taxing things heavily, like liquor and cigarettes always appealed to me. If you want it bad enough, pay for it, I say. Danes are already paying sin taxes on soda and candy that contain sugar and the country has completely banned trans fats (the worst kind in my estimation) because they raise bad cholesterol and lower good cholesterol. It's a slippery slope, to mandate by laws what people eat, but then why did we ever allow trans fats into our diet to begin with? Getting back to the fat tax, it only kicks in when the saturated fat content of a food item exceeds 2.3%, so, so far, Paula Deen is out of the woods.

After all that, G and I were pretty giddy thinking that Wendy's is coming out with a buttered bun for their burger. They are gonna give Culver's a run for it. What am I saying? I promise never to butter a bun in my kitchen (at least when anyone is looking!)

No comments: