Thursday, October 13, 2011

You Can Keep Your Bells And Whistles!

The fantastic delivery guys just left with money for lunch. I love when I get nice guys to bring me a purchase. My delivery today was a new washer. I had a Fisher and Paykel washer with all the bells and whistles and it didn't even last five years. And that is in a household that is used only half the year and with two people inhabiting it for most of that time. I had a repair man out and after two minutes, with computer in hand, notified me that I could have him order parts and my washer (not counting his visit) would only set me back $468 and change. Oh, please.

Within five minutes of his departure (without lunch money) I put Bella in the car and off we went to buy a new washer. This one
doesn't have all the extra stuff that I never use anyway. The guy at the store said to get the one that is the least zoomy. That is just what I got. And for $544 I got a new Whirpool, delivered, installed, and had the other one taken away. The guys even had the courtesy not to bang up my walls bringing the new one downstairs and the old one up, and giving me the time to get all the dust and debris vacuumed up before the new one took it's place.

All in all, it was a successful morning. Now, I just have to get the nerve up to open the laundry shoot door and see what I have in store for the rest of the day!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was easy!
pjn

Corky said...

They still have laundry chutes? I had one as a kid but haven't seen a house with one in years! Of course where I now live there are no basements so laundry is on the main floor.

Miracles said...

It's been my experience that the more bells and whistles features an appliance has, the more can go wrong.

Anonymous said...

I too had a laundry chute in my childhood house; loved it! Wish I had one now.....I guess, yet another reason to be envious of you, Tommy xoxox

xxx

Brige said...

Ha... My washing machine also stop working this week and it was about 4 1/2 years old. It just stopped working. It was a GE Hydrowave Top Loader. (I was glad it died cause I did't like it) Anyhow I went with a Samsung Front Loader this time around. I honestly love my new washing machine.