Friday, November 04, 2011

All Sorts of Fruits and Vegetables

I just found out that the lady that lives next door to us had a stroke and is struggling with the left half of her body. She went in for a hip replacement and the next day had the stroke. I feel so bad for here because she has always been a very active lady. In fact, we bought our house from them and they built their house on the tennis court that she used to use daily. Needless to say, it's tough to sell a property with a tennis court (unless you are Chris Evert) on it so they split it up. Anyway, I have always given them dinners and desserts when I make a bunch and now I feel obligated to do it much more often.

I just got back from the store with the ingredients for Chicken Piccata and Grasshopper Bars. I chose Chicken Piccata because this is the view of my meyer lemon
tree in the back yard. I can't wait to go and pick some beautiful lemons.

My friend Anne (along with Pam and Carol) are at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. I don't go every year and it seems as tho' when I am not there it's the year that I enter something.
Anne sent me this picture of the group quilt, 'To Market, To Market' as it hangs at the show. My contribution to the quilt is the the third rectangle from the left top. I have had this quilt in my possession since it was finished but after I sent it off to Houston, it is going directly to the happy recipient, Gayle, who won it with the drawing of her name in a raffle. I plan on organizing another one of these and learned a lot about the organizing, and what not to do. All stuff like that is definitely a lesson learned. I feel much more qualified now than I did last year when this group was put together. I am only waiting for a photograph that will not blur out when enlarged. I need to think about that (Again!)

2 comments:

dee said...

Lucky winner of that gorgeous quilt. It's so beautifully done.

Your neighbor will really appreciate anything you send over. For an active person like her it must be pure hell to be so confined and out of touch.

Irene said...

Just got back from Houston and I saw your quilt - great job!!!!