Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hey

You know you have been away from the blog when blogger asks you for your password to get back in. Hey, it's not my fault. Needless to say, staying in communication isn't always easy. Here is a picture of my MacBook in it's dock, looking like it should.
I use a separate larger monitor so I can keep the MacBook closed. This is how
it's been looking for awhile. Notice the piece on the bottom that seems to be growing? Well, it's been a pain in the butt. Long story cut very short, I wasn't going to do anything until I got back to Chicago with it because the closest Apple Store was very far; that is, until G did the looking up and found a couple newer stores that have cropped up since I was wanting to go to one. So, it was settled. I would take my non functioning laptop (the built in mouse or keyboard no longer worked) and see what they said, all the while thinking that I would buy a new Mac. The store was little and the line wasn't and there was a Five Guys right around the corner, just calling my name. They took my name and gave me a ball park half hour wait. It ended up being less than fifteen minutes. The problem was the laptop battery. It's three years old and when they get old they swell and the swelling is pressing on the inside functions, hence the non working keys and mouse. $99.99 for a new battery and I was good to go. Oh, alas, they didn't have any of the $99.99 refurbished batteries but they did have the new ones for $139 but it was their fault, the guy said so he would just give me the new battery but he wanted to save the original packaging. It ended up being free and I was confused but happy non the less.

I took in my iPod (the big one with books on it) because it couldn't hold a charge for more than an hour or more and he suggested updating and restoring. I started doing that at seven fifteen this morning and pretty much, give or take a pee break, just concluded all the jobs he instructed me to do. There were over 200 updates since I got the iPod. I always ignore those updates when they pop up and in the future (if I remember) I may pay more attention. I will give it a test run to see how long the battery stays charged today.

Oh, and all going on at the same time was a worm that G picked up in an email and it infected his whole computer. He contacted his IT from work and Jim said that it was a russian virus and not gonna go away unless you buy a program from the very same russians. What a rip. After several days, (leaving out all the crap involved) he is now up and running. When it rains at Casa Fitzsimmons, it's a downpour.

So, what have I been doing with myself? Starting lots of things to decide what I want to complete. I completed the green sweater but it has to be sewn together and that is the bane of my existence. I have lots of parts of stuff. I guess that's not so good.

2 comments:

dee said...

Glad you're back. That's a lot of computer issues.

Whatever that turqoise bit is going to be, I love that color. So pretty

Miracles said...

The other spiced mustard color goes well with my eyes